Tuesday, April 17, 2007

BLAH!


Just finished paying all the bills. Depressing. I hate watching the balance in the checkbook plummet. (But I'm sure I can still manage those cute shoes I saw yesterday).


My mom gave me a copy of Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook (I love Martha) but so far all I've learned is that I don't clean my house enough.



Today I received my highly anticipated sexy black leather jacket that beautifully rounds out my motorcycle attire.
But guess what? It doesn't fit & I'm going to have to send it back. I had to squeeeeeze my boobs into a very awkward position to zip the damn thing as though breathing was optional. I knew I should have ordered the other one. So now I'm faced with paying for the return shipping costs and restocking fees. I'm so disappointed. I could keep the jacket and go on a crash diet in the hopes of shrinking my breasts. Or maybe I could look into a reduction surgery. Or maybe I should just exchange it for the next size up and hope the extra room needed in the chest area will take some length off the sleeves. How and the hell am I supposed to know which size to opt for when obviously the sizing chart measurements can't be trusted? Oh the joys of online shopping!!!


My tulips are not going to make it. Not because of all the crappy weather we've had but because a certain Lacie Dog likes to lie all over them when she sun bathes and that damn Scooter eats the would-be blooms. Would anyone like to adopt a dog? I'm willing to part with Scooter, immediately! He comes with a lovely cage and I'd also be willing to feed him for a year. Furthermore, he's a wonderful running buddy/security guard. The only stipulation, no returns and no exchanges. Sorry.

Obviously I could use some cheering up. Feel free to tell a feel-good story in the comments.

13 comments:

Tera said...

I started reading my book!!!!!!! :) Oh, and my shopping venture was quite successful AND I was in the store for more than an hour....AND I bought 2 new pairs of shoes!!!

Tera said...

Oh, by the way, the weather is warming up :)

Does any of that help???

Anonymous said...

I'm probably coming home this weekend...maybe a Saturday afternoon at Basil's would make you feel better???? ;)

Nance said...

A former student called me--he is pre-med at OSU. He wanted to KNOW HOW TO SPELL SOMETHING! Can you believe it? I laughed and laughed. He could have gone online to dictionary.com, but he said he had no idea how to even start to spell it and knew I would know, so just called me up. He said, "I knew you'd be clutch, Mrs. D. and you were!"

Oh, and return the jacket and go get a jacket. Breathing...kinda necessary.

Anonymous said...

Well, I have a really good story for you, but that will come later.

I have another story, this is it in short. Had friends over for St. Patty's. Shot glass missing. 1 month later, at friends house, see shot glass. Friend not coming over anymore. I go there. wonder which one took it.

Tera said...

Nance~I'm curious! What was the word (unless of course that student blogs!) ;)

Nina said...

Tera~Keep reading! And always remember...any shopping trip is success if you leave the store with shoes!

Rey~Wine in the afternoon is always lovely!

Nance~That's funny! I don't think I have any former teachers that I'd be able to call in a similar situation...can I have your number, I'm an AWFUL speller :)

Anon.~real friends don't steal. This story sounds familiar...do I know you?!?! Sweet Nic, maybe :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I like being Anonymous. Did I spell that right? Nance!!!!!!! I need your number too. But yeah, it's me. I didn't know if I should'a taken it back...what they have been embarrassed?

Nina said...

Nicole~of course they'd be embarrassed, for getting BUSTED!!!

Nance said...

the word? sabbatical. and no, you all cannot have my number. unless...i can have your credit card numbers...

Anonymous said...

You need a bright warm sunny day to lift you up. Quick trip out west will give you all the warmth and sunshine you would ever need.!! Don't forget a good book, too. Just don't come tomorrow it's supposed to rain!!! Yea, right in the desert.

Tera said...

Nance~LOL!

Nina said...

Nance~we tried :)

Michelle~a vacation to someplace warm...I'm on my way!