Sunday, March 18, 2007

Meet the Family

Sunday is traditionally a family day in our house. So I thought I'd share my family.
Part of it anyways. Here are my doggies!!!

This is Lacie and Scrappy. Lacie was out first dog. She is a 4 year old American Bulldog, big baby!! In this picture I think she was about 2 years old. Scrappy was 6 months old or so. Scrappy used to cuddle with Lacie all the time but now he just terrorizes her because he believes himself to be the boss. Scrappy has little big man syndrome :)





This is Scooter at 9 months old. Another American Bulldog. He's much bigger now, eats like a horse and isn't done growing yet! We took him in about a year and a half ago because his previous owner didn't have time to take care of him. I went to see him, fell in love and he became out 3rd and FINAL addition to the pet part of our family.




And finally...Scrappy Doo, the 3 year old Jack Russell. By far, Scrappy is the most mischievous dog of the bunch. He sneaks outside at every possible opportunity to chase squirrels, chipmunks and poor little Radar, the Papillon who lives a few houses down. Scrappy has also been known to let himself out of his crate to run wildly around the house collecting any objects in his path, steal toys from other neighboring dogs and open bags of chocolate to feast upon. The little dog is lucky to be alive considering some of his past adventures!

8 comments:

Nance said...

I simply do not understand multiple dog families. You may as well have kids. What a lot of work! With cats, you just put out food and water and their box and voila! It's done. No fuss pet.

Believe me, I'd rather have no pet at all, but if I have to have them--and it seems I do--cats are the way to go.

You're in for it, Nina. Dogs live forever! Esp. if you spoil them. LOL.

Nina said...

Nance~ A 3 dog house can be hectic at times but I love them dearly and can't imagine life without by babies!! (Very rarely are they all inside the house together.) At least they give me a reason to get out and go for a walk!
I would love to have a cat. But the husband is super allergic to the sweet fuzzy creatures so thats a no go.

Anonymous said...

We had 3 dogs but had to get rid of one because he was becoming aggressive. Can't have that. If it were my choice we'd have none. We have 1 dog left, a cockateil and 2 turtles..ok the turtles aren't so bad!! Cats-no way. Don't like something crapping in a box-nasty and it stinks.

Nina said...

Michelle~your dog needs a friend! My dogs don't get agressive with each other but if we walk them all together Scrappy starts trouble and the other two follow his lead. Otherwise, they're all pretty good around other dogs and people.

Anonymous said...

No, the aggressive one got aggressive with the KIDS not each other. I'm not even taking that chance. We are going to get him a little woman. He is a total baby and an angel. His name is Sam I am.

Nina said...

Michelle~That Sam I am, that Sam I am... does he like green eggs and ham!?!?!

Nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

He's a pig-he will eat anything. He is an Australian Sheppard. He's beautiful. And yes, that is where his name came from. That's the story Emily was into when we got him so that's his name. We usually call him Sammy.