Saturday, March 17, 2007

10 Things That Make Me Tick



There are some things that just send me over the edge, immediately. I thought I might share a few in attempt to rationalize my thought patterns...


1. It's 3:30 p.m. I'm real close to being from work. I've just made it around the curve in the road to my house only to find that my mother-in-law is parked in my spot in the driveway. After I've parked on the road and am lugging my crap into the house she comes out saying "Oh! I'll move!" Why the hell didn't she park on the road to begin with?


2. I've just spent all day scrubbing and shining the hardwood floors. Someone stops by, walks in and goes straight for the kitchen with their shoes ON even though there is a nice little rug and two boot trays right at the front door waiting for shoes. This never happens if the floors are dirty to begin with!

3. I wake up in the middle of the night and need to use the restroom. I stumble, blindly (I'm lost without my glasses/contacts) to the toilet to find the seat has been left up only after I almost fall in.

4. The phone rings. I answer and hear my least favorite question, "Are you busy?" I reply with a firm "YES!" only to be asked "Can you do something for me real quick?" Why bother inquiring if I'm busy if you're going to ask me to stop what I'm doing anyway?

5. I go to the store. It's time to pay. I don't have enough money. I call my beloved husband, Jason, to find out if he took any money from my purse before he left for work. He just giggles and says, "You got robbed!"

6. My husband going in my purse.

7. Honey? Have you seen my____? Yes, it's on the_______. No it's not. I just looked. Ok, let me check. Guess what? It was on the_______ exactly where I told you.

8. My alarm is set to go off at 7:30a.m. My husband knows this yet calls at 7:20a.m. to ask, "Are you up yet?"

9. J: Hey, do you want to go to dinner out to dinner tonight?
Me: Sounds great!! What do you feel like eating?
J: You pick.
Me: Ok...how about ________?
J: Makes a face.
Me: What about_______? That sounds good.
J: Naaahhh.
Me: How about we just order a pizza.
J: Ok, but I want GOOD pizza.....

10. I'm next in line at the check-out. A cashier opens a register one lane over and says, "I can help the next person in line if you'd like to step over." The bitch behind me scrambles over to the newly opened line and then has the nerve to look over at me and say "Oh, I'm sorry, were you next?" Like she really didn't notice that I was standing in FRONT of her NEXT in line!

Maybe I need to work on my coping skills. Learn to not sweat the small stuff. Pick my battles. Call it what whatever you like. But until I learn to master the aforementioned techniques, these things really tick me off!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, Nina! I couldn't agree with you more with 3-9. I WAS trying this thing called patience. I use to be, that was before marriage...what happened? I DO NOT KNOW!!! Now I'm practicing this thing called double round-house kick!!!!!!!!

Nina said...

Meda~although marriage is lovely, at time it can be quite challenging! Especially for those of us who are still trying to figure it out!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to #9. D never wants to pick a restaurant, and will say no to every place I mention. the list can go on and on until I'm blue in the face. Then, he says, "what was the first place you said, that sounds good now". GRRRRRRR!!!

# 10 is on my list too. I must add one thing to the grocery scenario, and all I have to say is 20 items in the 12 item line(with the bitch laughing at her friend about it).

As for my man, don't let me go on about him today. My list would be bound for top 100.

Nina said...

Nicole~oh please do share! Create a list of maybe just your top 5?!?!
I too hate when people knowingly get into the express line with more than the alloted number of items.

Nance said...

It's not that you need to develop coping skills; it's that we share the planet with horrid people. Have you gone to the theater lately? Everyone there acts as if he/she is in his/her own living room watching a DVD. I cannot stand it. That's why I only go to an early show on a weekday. Otherwise, I end up with high blood pressure and ground-down teeth.

Nina said...

Nance~ I agree with you about the movie theater behavior these days. I very rarely go at night regardless of the day. I don't want to hear people eat, drink or talk while I'm trying to watch a movie.

Anonymous said...

1. Because I don't "go" to work, I am expected to fold his stupid blanket from the night before every morning. You know, when you leave the couch, just fold the damn blanket.

2. Because I don't "go" to work, I have to take care of HIS dog day and night. I love Kady, but why do I have to do everything?

3. If Darrick is home, he critiques the way that I cook, clean, and place his mail. For example, getting the dust cloth taken from me because I don't know how to dust his stankn' TV. NO! No! NO!

4. Watching a TV show and just as I get interested in it, he turns the channel. Then he continues to repeat the cycle again every 10 minutes.

5. He always asks me where his bills are. I gladly put them together and in order according to when they are due. when I put them on the dinning table he tells me to put them in his room. when I put them in his room he tells me to have them on the table. By the time I put them where they should be( according to him) they are late, and there is no good reason for it. Pure laziness.

Well, there's my top five. Maybe I'm forgetting one or two that might fit better into the top five, but these have all happened in one week.

Tera said...

Well there are plenty of things that make me tick and maybe now is not the right time to respond to this blog, but I have read it, so it's on!!!

1. I took time off my brand new job to go to my doctor's office to pick up a package only to find that they "decided" to leave early...and I could "come back at a time that was CONVENIENT for me..."

2. My sitter for Saturday morning (while I work my part-time job) decided to tell me Friday (at the end of the day) that she couldn't sit for me on Saturday.

3. A meeting that I rushed to (in order to be on time) started a half hour late.

4. One of the items in my candy order burst open when I opened the box, and it belonged to the person who had a problem with her order the LAST TIME she ordered something from me!

5. My children think that the sun shining is equivalent to "hot outside," so I have had to repeat myself at least 100 times in the past week about going outside without a coat!!

Oh, the list goes on, but this is not my blog, so just know Nina, that I feel your pain!!!! I know I need breathe and count to 10, but some things just irk the hell out of me!!!

Nina said...

Nicole & Tera~ venting is good!! I hope you both feel a bit better now! And Tera, I completely understand the sun shine equals warmth...I go through that all the time with Dev too. And they wonder why they get sick!

Anonymous said...

Tera, I have tried to count to ten thing to calm down, I have found that it only gives me ten more seconds to come up with some eloquent way to tell them what I really think.

Nina, you know how i feel about the parking in the driveway thing, and i really hate it when the car that is parked in my driveway is a piece of crap and leaks oil. I don't want my driveway looking like the beverly hill billys., Now I am all fired up.
You know what my number one issue is these days???
How about asking for something you your self could never afford for yourself, but think it is appropriate for your family to foot the cost??

Anonymous said...

My big complaint of the day-when he asks what I've been doing all day? I could just choke the crap out of him. I sat on my butt eating bon-bons and watching episode after epsiode of Dr Phil. What do you think I did today? I cleaned your pee off the front of the toilet and the floor like I always do!! (my second and probably the thing that drives me the most crazy-never have I "missed" while peeing-ok once but I was really drunk)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, venting is good!!! I think I'd feel a lot better if I had gotten them ALL out, but that was a start! :)

Halley-that is TOOOO funny, because you're absolutely right!!! :)

Nina said...

Halley~ I'm so glad my family doesn't behave in any such way. They just flat out ask for money! Trust me, it's not much better!

Michelle~My boys NEVER miss and to accuse them of such a thing is a sin! I must go pray for forgiveness now...

Anonymous said...

Well, aren't you the lucky one!!! I didn't accuse YOUR boys of that only my 1 boy. While you are praying why don't you pray for Todd to have better aim so that my blood pressure will stay down. You know, at my age you have to watch those things!!

Anonymous said...

Why can't we just quarantine all of the idiots in the world until they get better.

Anonymous said...

Ok Nina & Tera - we all know that my daughter is a little strange at times but I can't sympathize with you. I have to tell the child that it is 75 degrees outside and she doesn't need a winter coat with fur, hat gloves and scarf!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Rey-LOL!

Those with the "aim" problem-I finally had to break the news to one guy I dated...I simply told him, "Scoot up! It's not as big as you think it is!!!"