Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Looking Forward




Wishing you all a Happy New Year!!! Hopefully no one has a long list of resolutions that are designed to set you up for disappointment. But I am interested in hearing if anyone has actually managed to follow through with a resolution, ever. I know that I haven't! At least not ones that I've made at the beginning of a new year. I do pretty well when I decide to tackle something new or make a change in my life as long as it happens around June or July. But for the most part, resolutions are a waste of brain activity, for me.

I must say that I am looking forward to upcoming events in 2008. It should prove to be quite exciting and challenging with the baby coming. I'm getting more excited with each glass of ice water I drink (ice water makes the baby do acrobatic maneuvers). But I'm also beginning to feel a bit impatient. It seems like every one around me is giving birth and I just want my baby to get here too! I'm trying my hardest to live in the moment and enjoy this period of my life. I've been told that I'll miss it once it has passed. Admittedly, the time is flying by and the baby will be here before I know it. Now if we could only agree on a name.

Call me crazy, but I'm also looking forward to the finding out how the political madness of this country is going to pan out this year. I'm ready to know who the presidential candidates will be and I'm ready to start focusing on them instead of trying to keep up with everyone. Listen people, this could be a HUGE year in politics and if you're not paying attention, you better start!!! Because one of my biggest pet peeves ever is people who complain about how & who run our government but don't do shit about it. Now is as good of time as any to learn about the hopeful candidates and get ready to throw your support behind him or her so that when election time rolls around you can get out and vote in an informed and responsible way!

In the comments...what are you looking forward to?

11 comments:

Tera said...

Great post Nina! I am looking forward to a prosperous New Year. Those little incremental successes are those which count the most. I am going to work hard on figuring out my next career move, saving...even if it's $5 per pay, and self improvement :-)

Uninformed voters and non-voters alike piss the shit out of me!

P.S. I too am looking forward to our little Bambino, Peter :-D

Mikey G. said...

Getting out of Ohio.

Nina said...

Tera~I'm so glad that you've finally embraced the name Peter!

IH~awe...that sucks! who would want to leave this wonderful weather?!?!

Nance said...

Tera, I'm with you re: looking ahead in small doses rather than huge shifts. I want to try to be more positive in 2008 as far as my outlook on things in general. And Nina, you know how my bell rings as far as politics goes. For me, every single decision I make is political. The season is way WAY early, but since it's already started, I'm in it. Ohio has to wait till March to make its voice heard, but that's no excuse for any of its citizens to be uninformed. Look what happened last time all the IDIOTS voted. 'Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

Well, happy new year to you too! i just got back from Atlanta and feel nice and fresh from the cultural diversity. It's like going to the beach for sun.

This year will hopefully bring lots of good news and a lot less bad. I need every bit of moral support to keep my conversations positive this year, as that is my resolution. It's time to cut the crap and start working on good mental health, so if you're a poophead and like to stir the pot, see ya later. I was recently inspired by some psycho itch from my past.

Also, this year I look forward to meeting 4 new people that will be here soon. Right now it's one girl, one boy and two that are still unknown. There's still room this year for more exciting baby news that I'm sure within the next few months will come.

Maybe I'll actually get a ring this year, maybe we'll move again, maybe, maybe, maybe......maybe, maybe. I need to fix some of those maybes.

Nina said...

Nance~Well put! Hopefully this time around the idiots will stay at home!

Nic~I'm glad that you got a good dose of cultural diversity. I know how you have a tendency to crave non-white people...you're too cute!
You're right, there is plenty of time for more baby news...get off that pill, girl!!!

Mizrepresent said...

That baby ain't born yet...lol! Gurl, wishing you the best, just wanted to come by and say Happy New Year! This is going to be a great year for you and me!

Anonymous said...

My insurance will start covering maternity in Sept;)

Nina said...

Miz~Happy new year to you too! Thanks for checking in...I know the posts here are very few and far between these days :)

Nic~YEAH!!!!!!

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

i am interested in seeing how the politics turn out to....there could be major changes in store.

Nina said...

Belle~Obama is on FIRE!!!!!!