Friday, July 6, 2007

Ode to the Hayabusa


Feeling brave, I mount the beast.
Feet planted firm, quickly my heart beats.
Ready to go, I breathe so deep,
Into first gear I'm ready to leap.
With the lift of my foot it's time to shift,
I pull up gently and quickly yell "OH SHIT!"
Into first gear, yes, I got.
Pull in the clutch...
I remembered not.
The beast stalled out and jerked to the side.
600 pounds quickly falling on my behind.
I see myself moving swiftly towards the ground,
Never before has my heart so hardly pound.
To my rescue he came, pushing me up as I fall,
My right leg bearing the weight of it all.
Slowly we dance with the beast in limbo,
Grunting and pushing...up, up, up she goes.
Finally I'm steady, yet shaking all over.
I dismount the bike and thank Jay for his shoulder.
I think I am fine until I must move.
I attempt that first step, call it anything but smooth.
I scream out in pain as I fall to the ground,
For about one week now, I hobble around.
The Hayabusa got the best of me.
I had to scoot around on my butt unable to put pressure on my leg or knee.
About a day later I was able to crawl.
Within 2 days I could walk while leaning on the wall.
Now I'm better, walking upright,
Just a small limp reminds me of my plight.
No time soon shall I try again,
To tame the beast for which my leg must now mend.
My desire to ride has not yet gone.
But rest assured, the Hayabusa, I will not be on.
My next attempt will surely be
On a motorcycle better suited for me.

9 comments:

Nance said...

I would never say
I told you so,
But I hope that you recall
The day I posted in Comments
I was worried that you'd fall.

Nina said...

Nance~ I recalled that comment almost as soon as I fell. Did you jinx me?!?!

Lisa Johnson said...

Oh no! Take care and feel better!

Tera said...

Love the poem Nina! I am ever so glad that you're feeling better and even gladder that the accident in class coupled with this one has not broken your spirit!

Nina said...

Anali~I'm feeling better but still not 100% :(

Tera~broken spirit, me? NEVER!

Mizrepresent said...

Wow, you are brave Girl! Glad you are feeling better! Sounds like and "ode to Bike Riding".

Nina said...

miz~I'm better...thank God!

CapCity said...

that bike is so SEXY! wow! u go, mama!

Nina said...

Capcity~yeah, it is hot, huh?