Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!



I've always liked to celebrate Halloween but I've never been a huge fan of dressing up and begging for candy. I prefer to decorate my house (in more of a harvest theme than Halloween) and buy candy to stash around the house. I do enjoy passing out candy to YOUNG trick-or-treaters. And I thoroughly enjoyed dressing my little one up and taking him to a handful of pre-selected neighbor's houses dressed as the most adorable lion I've ever seen before we passed out candy from home. (Yes, I know that I'm biased.)


The other side of Halloween is the Dark Side. And I do believe that there are all kinds of people out there who truly believe that the evils of the world freely walk the streets on All Hallows Eve. Which brings me to the point of this post...

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?

Honestly, I have mixed opinions about this topic. I've had some strange things happen to me, unexplained noises and things breaking that shouldn't. And our late Lacie dog used to stare into the same corner of the living room while barking and growling for hours upon hours sometimes. Micah often looks up to this same spot while pointing and talking his baby gibberish. IF there is indeed some type of something lurking in our house, it really doesn't seem to bother anyone. I do get a little weirded out when I think about it sometimes. But for the most part, ghosts, spirits etc., are not something that I take too seriously nor do I think every single person who claims to have some type of paranormal experience is making it up.

In the comments...what is your opinion on this matter or do you have your own experiences to share?

5 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy Halloween! I don't know that I necessariy believe in "ghosts" as we see on TV or in the movies, but I am sure that there is something more than what can see with our five senses.

There have been things that have happened to me, members of my family, and others. Too many to write off. Plus from my limited understanding of science, energy cannot just disappear. It is transformed to something else.

Nance said...

Yes, I think there is something to the idea of lingering energies in places. My kids have related experiences to me as young children when they had no preconceived idea of "ghosts", and I can recall experiences from my own childhood. Once we get much older, I think our willingness to receive those sorts of things diminishes because we tend to analyze and question them.

Nina said...

Anali~I suppose I never thought of it from a scientific standpoint other than thinking that science has not really provided any solid evidence either way, at least that I know of.

Nance~I absolutley agree, the older we get the less open we are to the unknown.

Nance said...

You're a couple holidays behind.

Nina said...

ugh. i know.