Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yes, I'm Still Here. Promise.

I should probably be but on some kind of blog probation...almost 2 months since I last posted anything. Shame on me! Well let it be recorded that I have often thought of sitting down to write and something always comes up (kids,husband,dogs). Often I'm out and see a blog worthy situation and never quite make it to the computer (kids,husband,dogs). So I am here in attempt to redeem myself and hope that at least one person stops by to see that I am still here :)

So, a quick recap of the last two months, shall we?

~I've still been hitting the gym at least 3 times a week although I'd like to go more but I that isn't always possible (kids,husband,dogs). But more importantly, I'm sticking to the commitment I made to myself...yay!!!

~My baby boy is 16 months old. He's got an incredibly strong personality, which I absolutely adore, and it seems as though he's doing something different and new every single day. And he's turning into a "big boy" for sure, he's out of mommy and daddy's bed, sleeping through the night (FINALLY!) and he's not nursing anymore! Thank God for my sister and a little patience on my part that helped all this happen in just under 2 weeks. How wonderful it is to feel like a normal human being again.

~We put up an electric fence in our backyard for the dogs. Too many people freak out when Scooter gets loose and and Scrappy just causes trouble with other neighborhood dogs. I thought the training process was going to be really crazy and long. But it wasn't so bad. Scooter got it in about 3 days. With Scrappy it was a whole different ballgame. But they're both good now and I have to admit, when one of them decides to try and chase that random squirrel or rabbit and they run into the boundary line, it can be extremely entertaining. I know, I shouldn't enjoy seeing my dogs get shocked, but hey, I do. Because really, I haven't changed my mind, I'd like to just get rid of them all and reclaim my grass.

I suppose that is all for now. Just wanted to check in with the blog-world and say I am indeed still here. I'm trying to think of a new format for my blog that will allow me post more often...so look for changes soon!

3 comments:

Nance said...

Truth time: which of the humans put on the shock collar to see what it felt like?

Nina said...

Nance~Jason, and it was funny!

Nance said...

I KNEW it!