Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Overjoyed!!!

The baby is going to wake up any time now so I'll need to be quick. Forgive me now for typos, I'm not going check this over closely.

Micah Allen was born on April 3, 2008 at exactly 4pm. He weighed 6lbs and 3oz. and measured 19in. long. He's got a head FULL of hair and I'd say is a pretty good mix of mommy and daddy. My labor actually wasn't too bad. From what I'm told, it was a "textbook birth". Jason said that he just knows I'm going to want to do this again real soon because it was just far too easy. He's probably right!

I never knew I could love my husband anymore than I already did before the baby was born. I look at that little baby every day and thank God for putting Jason into my life because without him, Micah would not be. And I never knew I could love on this level. It's truly a beautiful and amazing phenomenon...this love I feel for my family.

In my mind I've been a mom for several years...we've always had Dev. But this is different. This is unexplainable. This is a miracle. So far, several times a day, I just hold Micah and cry because I don't have the ability to express my joy any other way. He's not even a week old yet and I can't imagine my life any other way. I fall in love with Jason all over again each time gaze into the baby's eyes and see my husband's features. This is the good life!



P.S. I must say...I'm really missing my cuddle time with Scrappy Doo. I think that once things get settled in the weeks to come, Scrappy has nothing to worry about. He's a bit jealous but overall handling the new addition quite well :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. I've always thought that you make a good mom, but knew that having a baby would be the best thing for you. I'm so glad that Micah is here.

Nance said...

Oh, yay! This is such a wonderful and heartwarming post to read. So joyful and loving. I'm so very glad for all of you.

What a happy family you all will make.

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

this made me want to tear up. there is nothing like feeling the joy that some one expresses. i wish you many happy days with your new found little love!

Nina said...

Nic~I can't wait for you to meet him!

Nance~We really are so happy. This is just incredible!

Belle~Thank you!

Lisa Johnson said...

Congratulations Nina! I'm so happy for you and your family! It sounds like you're living la dolce vita!

Tera said...

Nina, I totally knew you would feel that way...and he is so ADORABLE! Congrats!

Nina said...

Tera and Anali~ Thank you!