Tuesday, November 20, 2007




I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hopefully the food will be good and the family will be pleasant company.

Hopefully you'll eat to your heart's content and didn't watch the Today Show and learn how much so little food can add up to (caloric wise). That way you may not be disgusted by the memories of what you ate during previous Thanksgiving meals and you won't need to consider boycotting dinner altogether this year.

Hopefully you'll take some time to reflect on this past year and give thanks to all things good.

Hopefully you'll get everything you're looking for if you're one of those insane idiots who decides to go shopping on Friday. (I was one of those idiots last year, standing outside in the cold waiting for Best Buy to open at 4am. I was far too lucky, I got everything I wanted in record time. So I won't be doing it again this year. I know how to quit while I'm ahead.)

Hopefully we can all take a moment this Thanksgiving and give thanks for the everyday things in life that we may take for granted.

And finally, just for fun...

In the comments...what are your holiday plans? Are you hosting dinner? Does your family have any strange traditions? Will you be traveling? Do you plan to go shopping on Black Friday?

8 comments:

Susan said...

I'm going to my grandparents house and the whole family will be there. If I can make it through the "still single"s I'll have a great day. Here's to hoping!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Eeeeeep. That was me. Double posted for no apparent reason.

Nance said...

A better question would be:Which one is the turkey?

Mizrepresent said...

Hope you had a good one!

Mikey G. said...

Thanksgiving with the grandparents and cousin in Vegas. It was...interesting.

Tera said...

Welp...you know I didn't travel and I was lonely...you should have faxed me some of that good looking cherry pie to make me feel better!

Anonymous said...

I'm finally reprogramed after crashing down from 12 days of family fun. Maybe if I stay in Ohio for a month next time, I wont have to run a marathon to see everyone. Or maybe people would realize that I traveled 650 miles to see them, that they could travel 6 miles to see me. Why do people say, I don't want to go all the way out to Oberlin, like it's flying to the moon? Okay, well, some people have good excuses and I do like to go and see how my hometown is doing, but It would be nice to have visitors, that way more people could come at one time. Instead of me going from house to house in two hour increments. Has anyone here been able to solve a situation like that?