Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Faves


Happy Birthday to Me!!! I'm 31 today and feeling pretty good. So I figured today would be a great day to talk about some of my favorite things seeing as my birthday is my favorite holiday. Yes, my birthday IS a holiday!

Favorite thing #1~ This blog. I love it. Yes, I know I've been a bit negligent as of late. I do have my reasons...10 month old baby that is getting into EVERYTHING! However, this is a fabulous place for me to run my mouth! And for that I am grateful to all of those who listen!


Favorite thing #2~Buying in bulk. I hate to go grocery shopping. Really hate it. So when we're all stocked up and I don't have to go for a couple of months, I'm happy. Well, if I'm being completely honest here, I don't really like buying in bulk either. It's a pain in the ass to break everything down so things may be stored properly. Like the other day when I had to clean and package 40lbs of chicken breasts, freezer wrap 20lbs EACH of ground chuck and sausage. Not to mention the 4 picnic hams. The upside is that I won't have to go to the meat market for quite some time. And That makes me happy because I hate the way raw meat smells.

Favorite thing #3~Fuel Perks. The only really good thing to come out of grocery shopping. Spend money at Giant Eagle and get a discount on gas. Last week I was able to fill up my gas tank for $14.08. Nice, huh!? I only paid 99 cents per gallon. I haven't filled up at that price since high school!

Favorite thing #4~The Black Currant Vanilla scent from Bath and Body Works. This fragrance is sexy. It's spicy and makes me want to do things I shouldn't talk about here. Yep, gonna go stock up on that today.

Favorite thing #5~Baby kisses. 'Nuf said :)


And finally, just a little something I wanted to share...Click here!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW! I didn't know your birthday was a holiday and I've been with you for every one of them! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL SIS! ahem! You didn't mention your latest obsession....shopping at Target! and baby kisses! Oh my how they are the greatest thing in the world! although your nephew is very stingy with them lately....

Nance said...

Happy birthday, woman! I'm all about the bulk shopping too, despite the downside of the initial work. I love the feeling of the well-stocked kitchen/pantry. Haven't smelled the Blackcurrant vanilla, but I like the Chocolate Amber. Naturally, as soon as I started wearing it, they discontinued it! Same thing happened with my Lavender Vanilla. I hate B&B for that.

Nina said...

Heidi~Oh PLEASE!!! Of course it's a holiday...go check your calandar!

Nance~Thanks!! And as for bath and body works, they are really bad about keeping fragracnes around. I can't get my favorites anymore either. Its BULLSHIT!

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy Birthday! I feel the same way about birthdays. They are our own personal holidays. I hope you enjoyed yours and had some great cake! ; ) Oh and that Black Currant Vanilla scent sounds wonderful. I love anything with vanilla in it.

Nina said...

Anali~Thanks! It was nice, low key. They crazy party days have gone, for now :)

The Black Currant Vanilla, it's nice and woodsy. Woodsy, is that a word? Lol.

Tera said...

Nina, I have been using that Midnight Pomegranate and knew nothing of the scent you speak of...I must go and try it at once!

P.S. I guess it's a good thing you love baby kisses, because based on what you say about that scent, it may bring about another!